Installing VPN software on a Mac
Posted by John Sanders, Last modified by John Sanders on 22 July 2019 10:45 AM
- Log in to the GlobalProtect portal.
- Launch your web browser and go to the following URL:
- On the portal login page, enter your user Skidmore User Name and Password, and then click LOG IN.
- Download the app.
- Click the Download Mac 32/64 bit GlobalProtect agent When the software has finished downloading, launch it from the Downloads section of the OSX Dock.
- Install the app.
- On the GlobalProtect Installer, click Continue:
- Select the installation folder for the GlobalProtect app, and then click Continue:
- Select the GlobalProtect package, and then click Continue:
- Click Install to perform a standard installation of the GlobalProtect software:
- Enter your credentials (User Name and Password) to confirm that you want to install GlobalProtect, and then click Install Software to begin the installation:
- After the installation completes successfully, Close the installer. The GlobalProtect app starts automatically.
- Log in to GlobalProtect.
- Click the GlobalProtect menu bar icon to launch the GlobalProtect app. The status panel opens.
- In the box under Please enter your portal address, enter vpn.skidmore.edu, then click Connect.
- If prompted, enter your Skidmore Username and Password, and then click Sign In.
If authentication is successful, you are connected to the Skidmore network.