by Kayako fusion
Installing Microsoft Remote Desktop on Macintosh from Self-Service
Posted by Mark Cross on 04 August 2017 04:06 PM
Installing Microsoft Remote Desktop on Macintosh
Information and Background
It is possible to install Microsoft Remote Desktop on Macintosh using one of our two methods: our Self-Service application or from the Apple App Store
Self-Service is an application installed on Skidmore computers by default, and its purpose is to facilitate the installation of other software that might require elevation or be a hassle to install. It should be on the dock, but if not, you can access it by using the Launchpad or from within the Applications folder.
If Self-Service is unavailable, please refer to our help article titled "Installing Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Apple App store".
1. Open up the Self-Service application.
2. Login using your Skidmore credentials.
3. Select the Utilities category on the right. It is under the header Categories, in the pane.
4. Within the Utilities category, select the install button inside of the button for Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection.
5.You will see the progress of the installation towards the top of the window.
6. Once the progress bar fills up all the way, it will disappear. Restart the computer, and Microsoft Remote Desktop is installed correctly.
Maintained by the IT Help Desk. Last Revision 8/4/17