by Kayako fusion
Creating and Inviting Others to a Calendar Event in OWA (Outlook Web App)
Posted by Michael Sturm on 25 April 2016 01:33 PM
Events created in Skidmore’s Outlook Web Access (OWA) will be added to your Outlook Calendar and can be sent to both Skidmore email addresses and email addresses from other email providers (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc).
Creating and Inviting Others to a Calendar Event in OWA
1. To create the event, click on the small arrow to the right of the New button.
2. Select "Calendar event" to open the settings window.
3. A window will appear. If not, check your browser's pop-up blocker settings and temporarily disable your blocker.
Within this window you can fill out all of the information needed for your event including personalizing the invitation and creating email reminders. These events can be private (only viewable by you) by clicking save in the top left hand corner to add the event to your calendar.
4. If you'd like to add recipients, you can type in their name(s) (if they are in the Skidmore directory) or email address(es) into the text box under the heading People.
Once you add people to the list you will have the option of removing them by clicking the little X next to their name. At the top of the list you can also check a box depending on whether you want them to be able to RSVP or not.
5. Press the send button in the top left hand corner and the event will be created!
Maintained by the IT Help Desk - Last revised 4/25/16